My Top 10 Books I've Read in 2012

I've read tons of great books this year! But some of them have stood out more than others. Here are my recommendations. Also, if you want to find out more about the books you could go on www.amazon.com because they give a very good description of what the books are about.

1. Life as We Knew it - Susan Beth Pfeffer

I would definitely give this book a 10/10. They characters are so believable and as they are going through this struggle to survive, it is almost as if you're there with them. If you like books that consist of astronomy, ice-skating and the end of the world, you should enjoy this.

2. Percy Jackson series - Rick Riordan

If you haven't yet read this series, you must be living on another planet! :)I give this book a 10/10! They have so much action, twists and turns and awesome characters! Besides, it's a bit educational, teaching about Greek mythology, so if you get caught reading them when you're supposed to be doing your homework, well now you have a good excuse.

3. The Ingo Chronicles - Helen Dunmore

These books are wonderful! They are very descriptive and action packed! I rate them a 10/10! There are four books in the series. 1. Ingo ; 2. The Tide Knot ; 3. The Deep ;
4. The crossing of Ingo.
If you like mermaid books and have finished reading the Emily Windsnap books by Liz Kessler, I think you should enjoy these!

4. Warrior Cats, Into the Wild - Erin Hunter

These books are one of my favourite series! The idea is very good and the books are incredibly well-written! The authoress is very descriptive, but not too descriptive that it makes the book slow. It is action-packed with LOTS of surprises. I wasn't able to put it down!10/10!

5. One hundred and one Dalmatians - Dodie Smith

This is a charming, beautifully written books. I love the author's style of writing and the characters were stunning! 10/10.

6. The Name of this book is Secret - Pseudonymous Bosch

Oh my gosh!These will always be one of my favourite series EVER! From the first page you are IMMEDIATELY drawn to the story. The author involves you as if you were one of the very characters. The characters were also your unexpected heroins and heroes. Cass, with her big, sticky-out ears and the loner in her school and Max Ernest with his hedgehog cut hair and bad jokes. However, these two display a great example of how heroes/heroins should be. The are determined, brave, clever, witty and just great, humble characters. If you've read any negative reviews on this series, IGNORE THEM! This is a MUST READ book! 10/10!

7. Space Race - Sylvia Waugh

I will admit it, I am NOT a Sci-Fi fan! The only Sci-Fi I will probably ever read are the Doctor Who books and...these. This book is amazing you can't put it down! The characters are so likeable and the plot is really good. You're constantly thinking what will happen next! You won't want it too end! 10/10.

8. Running Wild - Michael Morpurgo

I have been wanting to read this book for EVER! Waiting for it to come out in the library. And too my great excitement one day before dancing, I ran into the library and there, on the shelf, was Running Wild. I will openly admit I screamed for joy and did my victory dance, with bystanders looking at me as if I'd just crawled out of a piece of cheese. I gladly checked it out and right after dancing I read it. I am a HUGE fan of Michael Morpurgo and this book was INCREDIBLE! The bond between him and Oona the elephant! There were laughter and tears and sadness and happiness and I loved it all! Do yourself a favour and READ THIS BOOK! 10/10!

9. Molly Moon and the Morphing Mystery - Georgia Bing

I love this series! There were quite a few twists and turns and it had me sitting on the edge of my seat, biting my fingernails. This is a fantastic book! 10/10.

10. Confessions of a Hollywood Star - Dyan Sheldon

Yes! You got it! It's the authoress of the "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" novel! This book had me in stitches at times with Lola's hilarious tactics! If you want to read a girly and funny book, this book would do great! 9/10.

That's my Top 10 list of 2012 books! Let me know if you've read any or have recommendations too! Thanks! :D

Bookaholic 007