Personal Post: Studying, Stress and Similes


HELLO, my lovely bookish friends! I feel so incredibly guilty for not posting lately but exams are detrimental to my time on my precious laptop and my precious books. I thought I'd just write a catch-up post so that you can understand why I have had to abandon the sanctuary that is the blogosphere.

As you know, I have exams coming up, in fact, my first exam is in 44 days and I am FREAKING. OUT. It's my geography and English exam (I think...) and I am utterly terrified. I was feeling calm and confident about it but then I started panicking. I have had heart palpitations now for the last 5 days and it is not fun. But I'm trying to keep calm and relax but it's not going very well. BUT I'M TRYING TO BE POSITIVE. So I'm sure it'll go fine. Hopefully.

I also haven't really had time to read recently and I've only read two books the past month and this saddens me. I study a lot and when I'm not, I'm either with my friends or scrolling Tumblr or stressing about exams, it's tiring, I tell you. It's just I'm one of those people that doesn't like reading for a short amount of time, I want to know I have several hours to read not just an hour or so, so then I put off reading till I know I'll have a lot of time to read. However, yesterday I managed to read almost half of my current read which I'm really enjoying so far (The Forbidden Library by Django Wexler) and I'm hoping to finish it sometime this week!

Also, I completely forgot due to my head being fully immersed in the studying of the themes and motifs that occur throughout Northanger Abbey as well as the similes and metaphors that occur throughout Songs of Ourselves, that yesterday was my blogoversary. Yep, yesterday my blog turned THREE YEARS OLD. I will write up a full post when I have time, but I want to say thank you to all the blogging friends I've made and to all the publishers who have sent me books and to all the wonderful people who read what I have to say. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. <3 I will be holding an international giveaway, so you guys can look forward to that! 


So yep, I haven't been blogging that much lately but I'm hoping once exams are done that I'll be able to! I'll have a week and a half's holiday after exams and so I'll spend that time catching up on all your glorious blogs and reading ALL THE BOOKS.