Underrated books you need to read




It always makes me sad when my favourite books are ones that barely anybody has read because THEY DESERVE TO BE LOVED BY EVERYBODY. Here are my top ten books that have less than 2000 ratings on Goodreads. I hope you'll add some of them and read some of them and love them like I do

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS BOOK HAS UNDER 2000 RATINGS. Wut. When I received this book from Netgalley, I started it immediately (a rare event) and I finished it in one sitting (also pretty rare) and I was a total wreck, I loved it so, so much. It was such an accurate portrayal of anxiety. GO READ IT. (My review is here. Wink.)

This has under 500 ratings. What?! You guys have to read this book, it's about growing up and doing what's best for you, it's about university, about mothers and daughters and a platonic relationship between a boy and a girl, about fandoms and patterned leggings and it's just so good. My review.

This was such a cute read and the perfect one to read now in summer! It's about a girl who tours with a boy band, it's about fame and fortune, friendship and love and it left me with a huge smile on my face! My review. 

I was sent this book a few years back and I absolutely adored it! The sequel was even better and I really must read the next two shortly as I'm super eager to dive back into the world. There's plot twists, a magical house, magical powers and evil villains and did I mention plot twists? Seriously, go get yourself a copy of this book! My review for book one and book two. 



This freaking book had me bawling like a baby. It's about an eleven year old girl who may lose her mother to cancer, it's about her trying to figure out how to traverse the rocky terrain of growing up with the help of her mother's journals and love of photography. It is such a brilliant book and I can't recommend it enough. My review. 

THIS BOOK WAS SO CUTE. It's about a girl and three boy best friends, it's about a girl falling in love with her boy best friend and so much more! GO READ IT. My review is here. 

When I read this book a few years back I LOVED it. It made my laugh until tears were rolling down my face - it's SO GOOD. I'm still waiting for my sequel after like, three years though. IT'S AMAZING, GO READ IT. 

I don't know about you but I absolutely adore middle-grade novels, especially the ones that have so much depth to them. I fell in love with this book from the first page, the writing was wonderful, the sibling relationship was phenomenal and it was just such a cute book! You'll love it if you enjoy a good MG novel now and again. My review. 

This was such an inspiring, hopeful read BUT it's a total tearjerker, so have tissues because you'll need them. I love how this book showed that even if you're in a completely hopeless situation, if you have hope, beautiful things can come out of it. You have to read this book. My review. 

GUYS. BEST BOOK I'VE READ THIS YEAR. Okay, maybe this one is cheating as it's not published til Thursday but I just have to mention it because I loved it that much. This is going to sound incredibly cheesy but this book found me when I needed it most! MY REVIEW IZ HEREZ. 


SO! There we have it! Books I love that definitely deserve ALL THE RATINGS. Have you read any of these and did you love them? Which ones are you interested in reading? LET ME KNOW!