What I've Been Reading #7 - The Last of the Summer Reads


I feel like autumn is lingering around the corner and although I'm sad to say goodbye to summer, I'm looking forward to autumn. To over sized sweaters, reading in front of fireplaces, fuzzy socks and a cup of hot chocolate...I'm quite looking forward to it! As many of you know, I absolutely love summer and as I'm from South Africa, I'm used to spring and summer being over thirty degrees and it's been quite a shock experiencing a British summer! I'm trying not to think too hard about the difference in climate though because then it makes me feel all homesick SO I'm really trying to get excited about autumn/winter here, about having a cold Christmas, about potential snow days and trying not to think about the lack of warmth and sun! 

Image result for harry potter autumn

ALSO, I'm moving in three weeks and I am SO FREAKING EXCITED. I love the new house and I love my new room! I'm on the hunt for a desk as I need a work space for school and I also need to go buy some bookcases which, needless to say, I'm ecstatic about! I packed all my books today and my room looks so barren now but I think it's made me even more amped about the move as due to the empty room and the full boxes, the start of a New Chapter seems tantalizingly closer.

Two SummersThe Thousandth FloorSuper Awkward

Two Summers by Aimee Friedman - ⭐.5 | The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee - ⭐.5 | Super Awkward by Beth Garrod - 

I read three books! GO ME. I loveeeed Two Summers, it was the perfect summer read and I highly recommend it! It was set in Paris and New York, two places I'm desperate to travel to and I most definitely felt 100% transported whilst reading it! The Thousandth Floor was quite disappointing. I was expecting intrigue and high stakes but I found myself bored as the book was rife with rich kid drama and...nothing much else. Until the last 100 pages, then things got intense. I really enjoyed Super Awkward as well! It was an hilarious read and I found myself chortling through the majority of the book. It did have a lot of internet/teenage slang in it which did get to me *slightly* but otherwise it was a wonderful read!


FurthermoreCell 7Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)

OOH. LOOK AT THE PRETTIES. I'm super excited to read every single one of these! I'll probably read Furthermore first as I loved Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me and I can't wait to read her new novel! Which one do you think I should read first? 

So please do tell me, what is going on in your life? Have you read any good books? WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE SEASON?? Are you looking forward to autumn, if you live in the Northern Hemisphere? I think I'm going to be brave and try a pumpkin space latte as soon as October hits, as that's a mandatory drink for autumn, right?!