What I've Been Reading #9


I'm currently writing this in the car, on Saturday and I am exhausted. I spent the whole day cleaning the new place with my parents – scrubbing doors and fridges totally counts as an arm workout, right? I'm getting Nandos though which is awesome because I love Nandos. It's heaven, really.
Alistair Grim's Odditorium (Odditorium, #1)

I haven't managed to read much this week BUT I did finish a book this week and I'm almost halfway through my second book so GO ME! I also reached my Goodreads goal of 50 books this past week *dances* so I hope I can read quite a bit more books by the end of the year!

Alistair Grim's Odd Aquaticum (Odditorium, #2)The Quantum Universe: Everything That Can Happen Does Happen

I'm currently reading Alistair Grim's Aquaticum and it's so much better than the first book! The preceding novel had too much going on therefore the plot felt all over the place, the characters were quite expressionless and severely lacking in development but the sequel is much better and I even want to pick it up once I've put it down which is always a good sign.

I also started a non-fiction book last night (WHO EVEN AM I) which happens to be The Quantum Universe by Brian Cox. I've discovered that I LOVE quantum physics and I kind of want to get my hands on any book to do with that. I've never read a Brian Cox book before despite him being such a renowned astrophysicist and author and I can see why he's books are popular! He writes beautifully but he simultaneously represents his idea in a simple manner, which is rare to find. I'm only 16 pages in but hopefully I'll get more reading in tonight! We're going back to the house tomorrow to paint the kitchen and perhaps the floors so I don't think I'll be getting done much done reading wise!


What books have you read this week? Have you read a Brian Cox book? Have you read a book that was disappointing but which had an awesome sequel?