Ten books I swore to get to in my first two years of blogging...but still haven't got to


It is a widely accepted fact that bookworms have TBRs taller than Everest and not a lot of time to read. Generally because they're either searching books on Goodreads, photographing books, writing books and blogging about books and that's just the book-related activities - THEN THERE'S SCHOOL AND WORK AND CHORES WHICH MEANS LITTLE READING TIME. I've been blogging for five years and over the past HALF A DECADE, I've ended up with a TBR pile a mile long and I haven't read nearly enough of the books on there.

SO, I decided to share with you some of the books I swore I was going to get to in my first year of blogging and books I was desperate to read (and still am) I was initially going to write a blog post on my favourite books I read in my first year of blogging but then I decided to share the TBR I was desperate to get to during my first year of blogging. Five years later and I still want to read all these books. 

Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1)

This was a book that circled the blogosphere during my first year and I so badly wanted to read it because it's a) about mermaids and b) it sounds like it has a SHIPpable romance. 

I guess I'll have to SEA myself out now. 

Here I am, WAVING goodbye...

I'll stop now.

Hourglass (Hourglass, #1)Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)

I used to absolutely love these covers and I think that's mainly why I wanted to read them if I'm being 100% honest with y'all. They sound pretty interesting too, though! Phantoms, hot guys, secret organisations and all that jazz - sign me up. 

For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1)

IT'S BEEN FIVE YEARS AND I STILL CAN'T GET OVER THAT COVER. Look at it, it's beautiful. This is one book I need to own in hardback just so I can stare at it for a worryingly lengthy amount of time. I've also fallen in love with the sci-fi genre, whereas I was never keen on it before, so I think I'd enjoy it even more now. YAY. 

Defiance (Defiance #1)

I remember this book making huge waves in the blogosphere when it first came out. Thirteen-year-old me loved the cover and loved the premise and desperately wanted to read the book...but my library never got it in and it was always too expensive at the bookstores. SAD. TIMES. Fingers crossed I'll get to read it sometime.

The Catastrophic History of You and Me

This book sounds so good. It's about a girl literally dying of a broken heart after her boyfriend breaks up with her and about her finding out secrets about her life after she'd died and her trying to move on from the grieving process etc. IT SOUNDS REALLY INTERESTING.

The Archived (The Archived, #1)

I CAN'T BELIEVE I NEVER READ THIS THEN AND I STILL HAVEN'T READ IT NOW. I read a Schwab book two months ago (A Darker Shade of Magic, if you were wondering) and I LOVED IT and she's officially one of my new favourite authors. To think I was aware of her books four years ago already and never read them. SMH. ANYWAY, I have a plan to buy a Victoria Schwab book every month so I can slowly build up my collection. My library actually has this and I did take it out but after reading the library's copy of ADSOM, I realised I wanted to read my own copies so I could tab the heck out of them. Because I love tabbing (must not be confused with dabbing. Which I also do too regularly to be proud of. But that isn't relevant to this post).

Image result for dabbing gif

7. Revived by Cat Patrick
Revived

I used to be in LOVE with this cover. I always used to picture owning it in hardback and imagining it to look super cool because it's kind of got a 3D effect? I'm not mad on the cover anymore (and is it just me or does the person on the cover look like Katy Perry?) but this book still sounds SO INTERESTING. A girl dying and then being used as a test subject for a drug called Revive - a drug that brings someone back to life. It sounds so sinister and unique and GOOD.

8. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)

THIS COVER, THOUGH. I feel like I've said that for every book BUT SERIOUSLY, 2012 and 2013 were the years of book covers. This book received a lot of hype when it first came out and I would've read it if I had seen it at a bookstore or library but sadly, I never saw it in South Africa. I need to read this book - it's set in space. I LOVE SPACE.

9. MILA 2.0 - Debra Driza
MILA 2.0 (MILA 2.0, #1)

MILA 2.0 was also another book that I saw around the blogosphere a lot when it first came out and I was desperate to read it. 2012/2013 seemed to be a year rife with dystopia/sinister techy kind of books and I think 2012 was the year I really started getting into dystopian/apocalyptic books (hello, Divergent and The Hunger Games) and I added so many to my TBR. This book still sounds so interesting to me and I NEED to read it!

10. Legend by Marie Lu
Legend (Legend, #1)

I BOUGHT THIS WHOLE TRILOGY THIS YEAR. GO ME. I think I added this when I did because it was a dystopia and I was living for dystopia books at that time. This book still sounds amazing to me and I'm so excited to marathon the trilogy sometime soon!

Have you read any of these books? Which books did you add to your TBR in your first year of blogging and never get around to?