What I've Been Reading #22 - I'M ON AUTUMN BREAK HALLELUJAH


Hello, everybody!

HAPPY MONDAY. 

Today is the first day of my autumn break, which I'm SO HAPPY about! I started my A2 work mid-August and I haven't had a break since. So, as you can imagine, I'm super happy I have a mini-holiday. 

I'm hoping to get a lot done this week. 
I want to plan some of my NaNoWriMo novel; read the Steelheart series by Brandon Sanderson; and write a ton of blog posts then schedule them. I was planning on writing three blog posts today and finish The Call by Paedar O'Guilin.
 Do you know what I did today? NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Okay, that's a lie. I exercised, I went to town, and I bought books (BOOK HAUL COMING SOON, MY LOVELIES). But it was a super unproductive day blogging/reading/writing wise. I'm trying not to feel guilty about it as I am on holiday, and surely it's fine to spend one day doing absolutely nothing, right?

Tomorrow I'm hoping to accomplish slightly more. I want to:
  • finish my review of The Taste of Blue Light by Lydia Ruffles
  • write my holiday tbr post
  • read. Just read some of a book. I've read a lot today, but it's all been theology articles on the internet. I have a stack of fictional books to read, yet I'm so interested in theology at the moment, I just want to read up on that. TOMORROW, I SHALL READ FROM the stack.

Last week I read The Taste of Blue Light by Lydia Ruffles and I DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT. AT ALL. There were some parts I really liked and other parts I didn't. There were also a lot of parts that I felt very "meh" towards. I should have my review up on Wednesday. It'll probably have no structure and be slightly incoherent - kind of like my thoughts towards this book. 

Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference?The Call

I started The Call a few weeks ago and I read nearly 100 pages in one sitting; I haven't picked it up since, as I've been too busy reading other books! I absolutely loved the pages I did read, so I'm looking forward to reading the rest this holiday. 

I also picked up Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? by Philip Yancey, as I have a lot of questions about praying and it looks like Yancey answers a lot of the questions I have in this book. I think I'm really going to enjoy it and, hopefully, I'll find the answers I'm looking for.

Ballet Shoes for AnnaSeraphina (Seraphina, #1)
 
After reading Bunheads by Sophie Flack last week, I really want to read more fictional ballet books! I haven't ever read a Noel Streatfeild and I've heard this isn't her best, but I'm still looking forward to reading it because BALLET.

I'm also so excited to read Seraphina! I tried reading it a couple of years ago and I just couldn't get into it. However, after reading the first couple of pages in the library last week I found myself really enjoying it, so I took it out! I'm hoping I actually finish it this time and that I end up loving it.

What books did you read last week? What are you currently reading? Have you ever DNFed a book then gone back quite awhile later and found yourself absolutely loving it?