Festive Christmas Book Tag!



You know what this blog needs more of? Tags. I LOVE TAGS. If you need someone to tag in a tag – I VOLUNTEER AS A TRIBUTE. As it's Christmas, I knew that there'd be several fun Christmas tags around AND I WAS RIGHT. I scoured Youtube for some tags that looked super festive and fun, and I found this one! IT LOOKS SO FUN AND CHRISTMASSY. I AM EXCITED. I know the "standard" thing to do is wait until someone tags you, but because I'm a rebellious lil nerd...here I am, doing a tag without being tagged. If you're reading this, I tag you. Seriously, you can say I tagged you. I know how it feels to not be tagged, it's very tragic much sad, so YOU'RE WELCOME. Answer away and link me in your post!

*You can check out the original tag here!*
1. A fictional family you would like to spend christmas dinner with?
Alice's family from Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith. I LOVE HER FAMILY. She lives with her aunt, uncle and cousin (her parents died when she was younger) and they are amazing. They're kind and supportive and funny and involved and I WANT TO SPEND TIME WITH THEM BECAUSE I LOVE THEM MUCHLY.


2. A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift? 
(The bookish item is supposed to be an item that was gifted to a character in a book but I can't remember anything atm so I altered the meaning of this question slightly!)

Bookmarks, always bookmarks. You get so many adorable ones! I have quite a few bookmarks (most of them are in storage in South Africa), but I still always end up using whatever's nearest to me, WHICH NEVER HAPPENS TO BE A BOOKMARK. 

Related image

I'd also LOVE a bookish t-shirt or bookish jewellery! Anything that provides me with an opportunity to be a walking advertisement for literature, basically.


3. A fictional character you think would make a perfect Christmas elf?
DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT WAS THINKING OF A CHEERY, UPBEAT CHARACTER?! I clearly need to read happier books. After searching through my read books trying to find a character that would suit this title, I decided on...Harriet Manners from the Geek Girl series. She's such a cheerful, considerate, sunny person. She'd make a perfect elf!


4. Match a book to it's perfect Christmas song

And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)

I was going to match with Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle with Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! by Dean Martin, but then I thought that might be considered slightly lazy and a little bit predictable. So, I thought of matching And I Darken (not a very Christmassy read because Lada's a mad but lovable lil savage) with Last Christmas by Wham. She kind of breaks a lot of people's hearts and gives them away, so to speak. Hence, I thought it would be appropriate.


5. Bah Humbug. A book or fictional character you've been disappointed in and should be put on the naughty list?

Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons, #1)

One word: Jason.

THAT IS ALL (because spoilers).


6. A book or a fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserve to be put on the nice list?

I HAVE SO MANY ANSWERS FOR THIS *panicked breathing*. I'm going to have to go with the characters from one of the best books I read this year: Bone Gap.

Bone Gap

Finn, Sean, Roza and Petey are all so sweet and precious and complicated and have sad backstories and I JUST LOVE THEM ALL SO MUCH I CAN'T EVEN. THEY DESERVE ALL THE LOVE. ALL THE NICE THINGS. THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL AND PRECIOUS AND-


7. Red, Gold and Green. A book cover that has a wonderfully Christmassy feel to it.

I HAVE THE PERFECT COVER FOR THIS QUESTION. It's got red, gold and green. Go, me. 🥇

My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories


8) A book or series you love so much, you want everyone to find under their Christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too?

A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)

SO MUCH ACTION. SO MUCH SASS. SO MUCH ADVENTUREZZZ. THIS BOOK IS SO FUN AND INCREDIBLE.


Those are my answers! Would you have answered the same for any of these?! Have you read any of these books? What favourite book of yours would you leave under everyone's tree, if you could?