December Wrap-Up and January TBR Pile


I thought I’d read loads in December, but that hasn’t been the case. HOWEVER, I did read all the books on my TBR list! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! NO, NEITHER CAN I. In my 5 years of making TBR piles, this is the first time I’ve actually listened to myself. 👏

I finished two nonfiction books, 2 classic short stories and a YA book! Look at me stepping outside of my comfort zone and all that jazz.


The Case for a Creator: A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward GodPrayer: Does It Make Any Difference?The CallA Christmas CarolThe Cricket on the Hearth

The Case for a Creator - 💛💛💛💛 | Prayer: Does it Make Any Difference? - 💛💛💛💛 | The Call - 💛💛💛.5 | A Christmas Carol - 💛💛💛💛.5 | The Cricket on the Hearth - 💛💛💛💛💛 

The Case for a Creator was SO GOOD, reading it blew my mind. The intricacies and complexities of the human body, our consciousness, our placement in the universe, nature...it shows the handiwork of a Creator.

Prayer: Does it Make Any Difference? was so good! It highlighted the difficult questions about prayer, testimonies of answered and unanswered prayers, how to pray...it was such an enlightening read. Prayer is something I struggle with, so this book really taught me a lot about praying.

I FINALLY FINISHED THE CALL. I started it in September and read 100 pages in one sitting, read some more in October and then finally finished it in December. I’m not entirely sure why it took me so long to read it as it’s not like I didn’t enjoy it. It’s just been super busy the past three months, I guess. Anyway, I really enjoyed the beginning part but it eventually got quite repetitive, so I ended up not enjoying it as much as I thought I would! It was still a solid read, though.

I also read two short stories in the Charles Dickens Christmas anthology I got sent to review! I loved them! I read A Christmas Carol and I thought it was wonderful. I loved the lessons taught and the character arc of Scrooge. Also, I LOVE the way Dickens writes. It was quite an emotional story at times. FULL REVIEW TO COMEEEE!

The second short story I read was The Cricket on the Hearth. OH MY GOODNESS - I LOVED IT SO MUCH I WANT TO REREAD IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. The cast of characters were incredible; I adored the fairy tale theme of the story; the relationships were LOVELY; the plot was great AND I CRIED. BECAUSE I HAVE MANY EMOTIONS. ALSO, FULL REVIEW TO COME.

All in all, a good reading month! 






I have a huge stack of books I want to get through in January. I’m not sure how many I’ll get to from January-June because I’m going to be super busy studying, but I want to try to read at least a book a week! I think I can manage that. ANYWAY (I’m getting ahead of myself), these are the books I’m hoping to get to in 2018.


These are the books I’m hoping to get to in January! My friend (Amy from A Magical World of Words) and I are buddy reading Wintersong in January, which I’m so excited for! I’ve been meaning to read it since it first came out, so I’m excited to finally be getting to it. I’ve heard GREAT things about it - fingers crossed I love it!


I’ve also been meaning to read the Steelheart trilogy forever, so I’m going to binge read it this month. I’ve read the first few pages of the first book, and I have a feeling I’m going to fly through them. 

Lastly, The Fandom and The Extinction Trials are two arcs I have that release in January, so I’ll be reading those two as well! They both sound AMAZING; I’m so excited to read them!


What books did you read in December? What do you plan on reading in January?