The 2017 releases I didn't get to BUT WILL GET TO THIS YEAR


You know, every year I tell myself that I'll try to read more of the books released that year, but every year I manage to do exactly the opposite. 2017 released so many amazing books, and I read barely any of them! I have quite a few on my bookshelf and there are a few out from the library that I'm hoping to get to next year. Have you missed out on any of these?

This book was so hyped when it first came out. I still remember hearing about it and thinking OH MY GOSH I NEED IT IN MY LIFE. Well, clearly I didn't need it as much as I thought I did, because here I am, in January, and I still haven't read it. I have it out from the library, though and I'm so excited to read it! IT LOOKS SO MAGICAL AND SUSPENSEFUL AND I'M READY. 

GUESS WHO GOT THIS FOR CHRISTMAS AFTER PINING FOR IT FOR MONTHS?! Meee! I'm so excited to read it, as I love Laini Taylor's writing. The story sounds utterly incredible and so, so gorgeous. Laini is my #1 writing inspiration. She's a phenomenal author.

THIS BOOK IS LITERALLY SO PRETTY. I have a copy of it on my shelf, and it's so gorgeous. Not that that's the only reason I'm excited to read it, of course. I adore the premise of this book. Apparently it's about virtual reality and hacking and spies and protagonists with rainbow coloured hair? Doesn't that sound like fun?! IT SOUNDS LIKE FUN TO ME.



I feel like this book came out earlier than 2017, but nope – it came out last year. I'm going to be reading this with my friend, Amy, from The Magical World of Words this month which I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT. This book is about music and trolls...and other stuff that I don't know yet because I haven't read it yet!



*EDIT* I read this book a few days after writing this post! GO ME!

Truth be told, I'm 132% terrified to read this book because the first book was SO! MIND-BLOWINGLY! BRILLIANT! That I'm scared the sequel won't be as good. The reviews are great though, so fingers crossed I'll love it!

EVERYONE HAS RAVED ABOUT THIS BOOK (well, mostly everyone). It sounds like such a cute read! It's diverse and it's contemporary and it sounds adorable. I'm here for that.

I got this for £2 from a charity shop. And it's hard-cover. IS THIS EVEN REAL LIFE?! I've heard so many amazing things about this book, and it sounds like a book that I'll love. I absolutely love fantasy books that have characters who can control the weather/elements – I find it so exciting to read about!

This book sounds so cute! Why haven't I read it yet? It's a Cinderella retelling that takes place in a convention. There's fandoms and fangirling and WHY HAVEN'T I READ THIS YET?!

I think I'm going to really enjoy this book! It focuses heavily on social media, people who become famous overnight because of it (think Alex from Target) and being in love in the public eye. I really like it when YA contemporaries include social media, as it's such a large part of most people's lives these days.

I bought my dad this book for Christmas because a) he likes John Green and b) I like John Green. As soon as he's done reading it, I'LL BE READING IT. I've heard it can be quite intense as it's an own voices book about OCD. Reading about anxiety can trigger my anxiety, and as I'm not in a very good place with it at the moment, I think I'll wait awhile before I read this!

I have this on hold at my library. It sounds so good. We need more dragon books – wouldn't you agree? I've heard the characters, the romance and the dragons are amazing. I AM EXCITED.

This author's writing has been likened to that of Laini Taylor which makes me SO! HAPPY!
I adore the sound of this book, and I'm super excited to dive in. I feel like it will make the perfect winter read.


THE AUTHOR IS AN ASTROPHYSICIST. I WANT TO BE AN ASTROPHYSICIST. Ahem. Anyway, this book sounds amazing. Genetics and hacking and DNA and secrets – ooh, sounds intense.

14.Before She Ignites
DRAGONS AND ANXIETY, DRAGONS AND ANXIETY (anxiety from dragons? I can understand that). Do you know how rare it is to read a YA fantasy with mental health rep?! IT'S RARE. SUPER RARE. I'm so excited to read this: there's dragon smuggling and anxiety. Fingers crossed I'll be able to read it this year!

I haven't read City of Heavenly Fire, The Bane Chronicles or Lady Midnight. I AM SO BEHIND ON CASSANDRA CLARE'S BOOKS. Here's hoping that in 2018 I'll finally catch up!


Have you read any of these? Which ones should I make a priority? What was your favourite 2017 release? Let's chat!