What I've Been Reading #23 - My 2018 reading is off to a good start!


The first week of 2018 is over! I CAN SCARCELY BELIEVE IT. This week has gone so slow, probably because I WAS SO SICK. On New Year’s eve I mentally prepared myself for all the exercising I was going to do in the New Year, but then on Monday I woke up with a headache and sore throat that got steadily worse. I was pretty much out of action for 3 days. Everything hurt; my eye kept watering; I KEPT SNEEZING, and my throat muscles were aching. It was terrible. I’m feeling a bit better now though but not well enough to exercise, sadly.

It was my dad’s birthday on Wednesday so there went my healthy eating resolution. We had the most AMAZING mocha cheesecake. It was divine. We were then going to go to the movies to see The Last Jedi, but I was too ill. I said to my parents they could go on without me, but they said DON’T BE SO SILLY (and dramatic). So we’ll go see it another time!

I start school tomorrow, which I’m stressing about, as I have a ton of maths to do. I have 3 sections left of one maths textbook plus another maths textbook to get through, but people have said they’re quite quick to work through. My exams are only 5-6 months away, so I should probably stop stressing. I’m going to be studying a lot from tomorrow, so wish me luck! 


Wintersong (Wintersong, #1)Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)

I read two amazing books this week: Wintersong and Steelheart. I buddy read Wintersong with Amy, and I loved it! I read 73 pages on Monday, 300+- pages on Tuesday and then finished off the last 130 pages on Wednesday. I LOVED IT. The writing was beautiful, the characters in depth and the romance gorgeous. I was super sick Tuesday night and couldn’t sleep, so I picked up Wintersong and sped through the majority of it. It’s been awhile since a book held my attention like that.

I then read some of The Chimes by Charles Dickens, but I hadn’t the foggiest idea of what he was speaking about so I abandoned it in pursuit of something more comprehensible. I started Steelheart, which I KNEW I was going to love but procrastinated reading? Sense? I have none of it. Anyway, I started reading it Friday and I FELL IN LOVE. I couldn’t put it down! I finished it today (because I didn’t have time to read yesterday😭), and IT WAS AMAZING. FIVE CUPCAKES. COULDN’T STOP READING. MANY PLOT TWISTS, ADORABLE MAIN CHARACTER, SO MUCH SUSPENSE AHHH!!! I don’t want the trilogy to be over because it’s AMAZING. I’m typing this post on Sunday night with the sequel next to me; as soon as I’ve finished this post, commented on blogs and wrote a mini review for Steelheart, I shall proceed to start the sequel. 

Firefight (Reckoners, #2)

Well, hopefully by the time this post goes up, I would have started Firefight.

Calamity (Reckoners, #3)

The 3rd and final book in the Reckoners trilogy! I can’t remember the last time I marathoned a trilogy. IT FEELS SO GOOD. I’m hoping I can read these two books this week! But with all my work, I’ll have to see how it goes! 

What are you reading this week?